PRO PLUG® SYSTEM for PVC and Composite
Integrated Plug Fastening System for PVC/Composite Decks and PVC Trim.
Pro Plug® System for PVC and Composite
- Trex® approved plugs now available in complete kits and plug-only packs.
- Inventory management program: purchase plugs and screw packs separately.
The Pro Plug® System for PVC and Composite is a superior and easy-to-install plug fastening system for PVC/Composite Decking and PVC Trim. Plugs are available for leading decking and trim products (check for updates to the detailed product listings in the Packaging section below):
|AZEK® Deck||AZEK® Trim|
|Clubhouse®||Inteplast® Trim (TUFboard)|
|Inteplast® Deck (TUFboard)||Koma®|
|Trex® Deck||Restoration Millwork®|
|VEKAdeck™||Royal® (including Celect®)|
The System consists of the following components:
(1) Screws: Epoxy Coated Carbon Steel, Grade 305 or Grade 316 Stainless Steel. Various lengths available (2″ – 3″). All screws feature a star drive recess and are ACQ approved.
(2) PVC/Composite Tool: Drives screws to the correct depth every time in deck and trim applications. Features a No Cam-Out Auto-Stop™ mechanism that prevents the screw from stripping and a free spinning stop collar that protects the board surface.
(3) Plugs: Made from actual PVC/Composite deck or trim material, so they match perfectly.
1. Insert the appropriate driver bit into the Pro Plug® PVC/Composite Tool. The “DECK” bit is for PVC/Composite decking; the “TRIM” bit is for PVC trim.
2. Drive the screw with the PVC/Composite Tool in a straight and stable fashion with a standard drill.* The screw is set when the Auto-Stop™ mechanism engages fully. In most deck and trim materials, the tool makes a pop sound indicating that the screw has reached the correct depth below the board surface.
3. Insert the plug into the hole above the fastener and tap it into place with a smooth face steel hammer until it is flush with the deck/trim surface. Keep hammer head flat with the board to prevent surface marring.
Further instructions and installation notes are included in every PVC/Composite Deck or Trim Kit.
*Note: Impact drivers may not set screws to the correct depth. Standard drills are recommended.